We bought our first house!!! It's nice to finally unpack and get settled in. So far we like most things about our house. It's kind of like a diamond in the rough....lot's of projects for Byram to enjoy. But I'm thrilled because we discovered that the whole upstairs was originally done in hardwood floors and then covered with carpet and 50's style pea green linoleum. Yay, I don't have to put up with carpet in the dining room for very long! The kids are already making their mark there.

The greatest treasure we've found in our house so far is the apple tree in the backyard. It was full of great looking, delicious gala apples. We have spent most evenings in our house so far making apple sauce, apple cider, and dried apples. The kids love to help me pick apples off the tree.
Alise and Zadik love to ride their bikes in the unfinished basement. Thanks for the idea Heather! It will make winter a little more bearable.
Jenny, wow. How fun. Think of all the fun you will have putting your house together! It's fun to come up with ideas for decorating and think of new cute furniture you might need (oh wait, maybe that is just me!)I am jealous of the unfinished basement and the bike riding space! What a perfect house for you guys. Ryan will be SUPER jealous of the apple tree. I'm just happy to be done canning for the year...even though Ryan wishes I wasn't done :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I'm insanely jealous, of course. But the house looks great already, and I'm glad Byram will have projects to work on.
ReplyDeleteThe house looks great! I love the FIREPLACE! We used to have one and I miss it sooo much. Looks like there's lots of room, even for a cat. =) I'm a little jealous too. I can't wait to get back into a house again. Wish we had been there for caramel apples. Looks like you had a nice visit with your friends.
ReplyDeleteYour house looks AMAAAAZING!! Could you come and organize mine?! Wow! It was fun to see you guys and your new house. Hope everyone has recovered from the night from you know where... Jenny, how's your finger?
ReplyDelete